Friday, October 8, 2010

Elan needs only seat!


Worked hard a couple nights and now Elan needs only seat...

Did I mention, that I worked hard in front of my computer searching local ads for cheap sleds? I missed one really nice Elan - dirt cheap... And found this 1973 model (manufactured in Feb. 1972) for sale. For the fair price I got it home yesterday: now I have plenty of spares:) Mechanically it's in better shape then my first one and I will use some parts to complete the first project, then, maybe, I will restore this one.
So, now I got second motor with good compression; the hood (poor shape, but fixable); clutch/brake/gear assembly; steering is in really good shape. Will check bogies - maybe they are in better shape as well.
Here are some pictures:
















4 comments:

sparky said...

They sure were a simple looking machine back then! But work a heck of a lot better than most of todays!!

Mak Sim said...

Simplicity is the key to longitivity:)

Vintage Kawasaki said...

sled looks great with a bit of work you will have a good reliable sled!!

Mak Sim said...

Hey, VK! You figured how to comment!:)

Post a Comment