Friday, October 15, 2010

Second Elan is dissassembled


Spent some time clearing the room on the floor in the garage. Assembled Elan takes much more space then parts bins:) I can continue work on the frame now.



I was doing ongoing inspection during the disassembly: most of the parts are in better shape then those I had. When I was picking the sled up I felt that it wasn't smoothly rolling on the track and I found the cause: the left axle bearing was destroyed and inner race of the bearing wore the axle beyond repair. Gear case isn't damaged.


Frame got some damage in the tank area and some rust on the tunnel - not too bad.


Bogies' tires are worn and 2 bogies shafts are in bad shape. One is reusable.
Track is original, but cracked badly. Everything else is in useable shape. Just some cleaning and repainting.



0 comments:

Post a Comment