Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Yamaha is air TIGHT!!!


Couple things happened: I brought the boat to my place in city and I pressure tested the Yamaha sled engine - it passed!!!

The pressure test surprised me with good result! I was prepared for the worst scenario and brought tools to remove the engine from the sled. I blocked the exhaust with rubber sheet


and plugged the inlet with tester adapter,

pressurized to 8 psi: lost the pressure in a minute!!! Sprayed the engine with soapy water - no bubbles, but I could hear the air escaping somewhere... It was a pulse line for fuel pump! Blocked that and pressurized engine again to 8 psi.

Waited a couple minutes - still 8... Left it for 10 minutes - 8 psi... Great! Put everything back together - will test-drive the sled when we get the snow.
Now I think, that I could make the test a bit more complicated by cranking the engine a couple times before it, but I think it wouldn't make a big difference: if I will have a leak at seals, I would find that anyway...



2 comments:

sparky said...

This is great news Max!!! Holy is that engine ever clean looking! I think I'll brining my sleds up to you so you can get mine that clean!! LOL

Nick

Mak Sim said...

I like clean engines:) Actually, I need to tidy up the engine compartment before winter: get some paint on rusty areas and clean some dirt...

Post a Comment