Sunday, September 26, 2010

Getting close to finish with the frame!!!

Couple more things done to the frame: I am getting close to the finish here!
So far I finished 1lb spool of 0.25” wire and emptied the bottle of gas:) Working outside requires a bit more gas flow for welding, so I can’t do much about CO2/Argon consumption…
The long edge strips welded in place: footrest getting rigid again!!!



I was thinking about reinforcing the tunnel along the footrests and around axles mounting plates: finally I decided, that two goals could be achieved at once! I just integrated two parts together!
A bit of measuring and playing with templates produced a good result! The angled piece will give an extra support for the tunnel and will spread the load from the mounting plates for axles. Just for an extra strengh I drilled series of holes, so I can weld the reinforsment to the frame not only around the edge but in the middle as well.

Here are the pictures(pictures in daylight would be better, but I just wanted to document the result and didn’t want to wait):









Here is the part welded to the frame:








0 comments:

Post a Comment